Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 1On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- 2Use acrylic brayer or rolling pin to roll Granny Smith clay to 1/16” thickness. Use promo credit card to cut 1”-wide strip long enough to fit around base of glass globe. Cut small “slits” for grass along edge of strip. Wrap grass around base of globe, smoothing edges.
- 3Access pattern by selecting the info button near the main image, then select the pattern icon. Download and print pattern onto cardstock. Roll Black clay to 1/16” thickness. Use cardstock pattern to trace and cut 11 pentagons from clay.
- 4Press black pentagons on globe, about 1/4” apart, like soccer ball pattern. See photo. Line up points on pentagons.
- 5Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake glass globe on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
- 6Adhere black pentagons on globe by peeling back corner and applying glue. Let dry.
- 7Insert battery-operated tea light in globe.
by Sandy Rollinger