- 1Punch two holes, 1” from sides, on top of bag going through all layers.
- 2For owl’s eyes, cut two 1-3/4” and two 1-1/4” white paper circles and two 3/4” yellow paper circles. Outline yellow circles. Fringe edges of white circles. Adhere yellow circles centered on white circles.
- 3For crow’s eyes, cut two 1” orange circles and two 3/4” white circles. Outline white circles. Adhere white circles centered on orange circles.
- 4For pupils, punch holes in center of circles; attach black paper fasteners through holes. Adhere eyes onto bag under punched holes.
- 5Access pattern by selecting the info button near the main image, then select the pattern icon. Download and print patterns. Cut patterns from paper. Adhere small beak onto center of large beak; fold in half.
- 6Use marker to draw nostrils on beak. Adhere beak onto bag.
- 7For owl’s wings only, use scissors to fringe edges. Position wings onto sides of bag and punch holes; attach gold paper fasteners through holes.
- 8Use marker to outline feet. Adhere feet onto bottom of bag.
- 9Fill bag with popcorn. Insert jute through holes and tie into bow on front.
by Mary Ayres (www.preciouspatterns.etsy.com)