- 1Measure and cut paper towel tube to 4” for each favor; pinch bottom of tube closed. Spot glue inside bottom flaps with tacky glue to hold closed; secure with clothespins while drying.
- 2On covered work surface, remove clothespins and paint tubes and wooden shapes as follows: pumpkin tube Tangelo Orange, circle and dowel length (stem) Raw Umber, two teardrop shapes Citrene Green; Frankenstein tube Citrene Green, two squares and one circle Lamp Black; cat tube and two teardrop shapes Lamp Black, one circle Citrene. Paint inside and outside of tubes. Let dry.
- 3Apply fabric glue on one end of yarn skein; wrap yarn around tubes as follows: pumpkin orange; Frankenstein bottom half green and top half black; cat black. Adhere yarn ends. Let dry.
- 4For pumpkin, use fabric glue to adhere two medium eyes, circle nose, and stem and leaves on tube. For Frankenstein, adhere squares (neck bolts), two medium eyes, small circle (spider), and small wiggle eyes (spider eyes) on tube. For cat, adhere two medium wiggle eyes, one small circle (nose), and two teardrops (ears). Let dry.
- 5Cut from thread: six 4” White lengths (cat whiskers); eight 2-1/2” Black lengths (spider legs); 1” Black length (Frankenstein nose). Adhere lengths onto tubes using small amount of fabric glue.
- 6For handle, punch hole on each side on top edge of tubes, moving yarn slightly for greater ease in making holes. Insert glitter stem ends through holes; bend and twist ends into curls on inside.
- 7Wrap ribbon around tubes and use fabric glue to secure. Tie ribbon into bows. Fill favors with wrapped treats or candy corn.
by Melony Miller Bradley (www.mel-designs.typepad.com)