- 1Cut chain into two lengths measuring 15-1/2” and 14-1/2”.
- 2Work on one chain at a time. Thread size 2 crimp on chain and slide along leaving 3” tail. Crimp in place using crimping tool. Place crimp cover over crimp and use chain-nose pliers to close it. See Photo 1 and Photo 2.
- 3From long end of chain, string on three brown beads, two stone chips, one green bead, and three brown beads. Thread on size 2 crimp and slide it up to beads, leaving 1/16” gap. Crimp in place. Place crimp cover over crimp and close it. See Photo 3.
- 4Slide on another size 2 crimp, leaving 1-1/2” from crimp cover and crimp in place. Cover crimp with crimp cover and repeat Step 3. See Photo 4.
- 5Complete second length of chain to match following Steps 2-4.
- 6Place ends of two chain lengths together and thread on one green bead and size 4 crimp, leaving 1-1/2” gap from last crimp cover. Crimp in place and add crimp cover.
- 7String three brown beads and size 2 crimp on each chain. Crimp crimp tube close to bottom of chain and cover with crimp cover. Trim away excess chain using wire cutters.
- 8Add chain end to remaining two ends of chain; close around chain using chain-nose pliers. Use split-ring pliers to open split rings and attach to chain ends. Attach lobster clasp to one split ring. See Photo 5.
Design and photography by Myléne Hillam (www.milllanestudio.blogspot.com)