- 1With right sides facing, machine sew two 7-1/4”x5-1/4” fabric pieces together with 1/2" seams. Leave 1-1/2” opening on one side to turn fabric.
- 2Turn fabric right side out through opening. Use bamboo skewer or similar object to push out corners. Slip stitch opening closed. Press with iron.
- 3On covered work surface, load stencil brush with fabric paint. Position stencil on fabric and apply red or white paint. Use up and down motion to stencil paint on fabric. Let dry. Reposition stencil and repeat process. Let dry completely.
- 4Set up sewing machine for free motion embroidery. Free motion stitch around each heart design.
- 5Use fabric adhesive to adhere blank postcard to back of fabric postcard.
- 6With remaining fabric, create another postcard following Steps 1-5.
by Rebekah Meier (www.rebekahmeier.typepad.com)