- 1Wet cotton lace with water. On covered work surface, follow manufacturer’s instructions to mix pink dye in plastic bowl. Fill bowl with 1/4” of dye; set lace point side down into bowl. (Note: Lace will absorb dye; add more dye as needed.) Let lace set in dye until desired color intensity is achieved. Remove lace; rinse and wash as directed. Repeat process with twill tape using bright green dye.
- 2Iron pink lace and green twill tape flat. Trim lace to form curved petal shapes.
- 3Baste stitch along edge of yellow ribbon, pull tight to gather. Center under button and hot glue in place.
- 4Baste and gather lace into desired two layer flower shape. Adhere to center piece with hot glue.
- 5Create leaves by folding twill tape into two looped shapes. Hot glue in place on one side of flower.
- 6Adhere pin back onto back of flower using hot glue.
by Jennifer Davey (www.bestillmycraftingheart.blogspot.com)